Toddlers (18 months - 2 1/2 years old)
Young children between the ages of 18 months and 2.5 years are like a sponge, absorbing stunning amounts of knowledge from their environment, rapidly and effortlessly. Dr. Montessori identified this fertile period of cognitive development, and recognized the need for a rich, well-prepared environment just for toddlers.
Our rich curriculum for toddlers is especially designed to
• foster cognitive development and speech and language development
• develop and strengthen fine and gross motor skills
• teach practical life skills and foster independence
• instill confidence, kindness, grace and courtesy
• allow children to learn by doing, using all their senses to explore the world
• help joyfully instill social skills and cooperation
We’ve carefully prepared a warm and nurturing toddler room to help our youngest students begin a life-long journey of learning. We’ve carefully selected materials and scaled-down furniture for the classroom to encourage our students to grow, explore and develop a sense of independence and self-reliance.
Toddlers are free to choose their ‘work’, and that work becomes a cherished activity. They take pride in sorting, stacking and counting, matching and sequencing, scooping and pouring, cleaning and sweeping.
Our toddlers explore and engage in activities in the areas of Practical Life, Sensorial, Language, Math, Music, Cultural Studies and Physical Education.
A dedicated team of nurturing teachers, trained in Montessori education and in early childhood development, lovingly assist your child along the road to independence.
Toddlers spend time outdoors every day (weather permitting); exercise is a regular part of each day.